Welcome to the DbI Usher Network Site
In memory of Professor Maria Bitner-Glindzicz
Very sad news to hear about the death of Professor Maria Bitner-Glindzicz on Thursday. She did amazing work to support the Usher community and delivered wonderful presentations for the Deafblind international Usher Network Pre-conference, Sense and contributed to the Usher Information pack. She met many people with Usher over the years. We feel incredibly privileged to have met and worked with her. She will be very sorely missed by Sense Usher service (UK), DbI and the Usher community.
We all send our thoughts to her family at this very sad time.
DBI USHER NETWORK PRE-CONFERENCE SEMINAR IN AALBORG 2017
We had a successful Usher Network Pre-conference in Aalborg, Denmark in September 2017. This provided a fantastic opportunity for people to share ideas, research and network within the sphere of Usher syndrome.
Please see our Activities page for more information.
16th September is Usher Awareness Day around the world, celebrating and increasing an awareness about Usher syndrome. The pre-conference was a superb example of this as we celebrated bringing Usher people from different countries together, to share their personal experiences as well as the professionals working alongside them, demonstrating that we truly are working together as one to make the Network a great success.
Aims and objectives of the Usher Network
We hope to share knowledge about research and best practice across countries and organisations. The Usher Network will be an ongoing group with discussions around new developments in working with people with Usher syndrome. We will use the group as a platform to share information and provide innovative new working practices. We will achieve this by:
- collecting, discussing, communicating and disseminating new research and developments in Usher syndrome (medical and psychosocial research, legal developments)
- supporting members’ requests in various countries
- ensuring that views and current best practice related to Usher syndrome is disseminated to DbI members and collected in the network
- communicating new developments in relevant magazines/ journals/newsletters, at conferences etc.
- representing the interests of people with Usher syndrome at major conferences, events and in general society.
How to become a member of the Usher Network
If you would like to be a member of the Usher Network, please provide your e-mail address to the contact person.